Well! 2016 is here and as you might imagine, I have a few resolutions!
But before I get to that, my favourite photos from my instagram + some reflections on the year:
- I moderated my first panel at a con this year! I had a lot of fun and I think it went well. Certainly helped my confidence for speaking in public in the future 🙂
- I completed another module with the OU and am now working on my final module! I can’t believe this journey is finally, finally coming to an end!
- I dyed my hair blue and green again! These are my favourite colours for my hair, and I’m so pleased with how good they look on me.
- I think I have made sure to consider and enjoy my surroundings even more this year.
- I have enjoyed my job with the NT and am genuinely looking forward to going back once the season begins! I know it is a blessing to enjoy my job so much.
- I think my communication skills have increased over the year – and since I think clear communication is the real key to positive relationships, I am glad about this.
So, now some resolutions for 2016!
- Update this blog at least once a month! Even if it is just “These are the clothes I want and these are the photos you’ve already seen on Instagram!”, I like having a blog and writing things. Even inane things.
- I want to stop second guessing my right to say things and to take up space – I’m not the smartest, the wittiest, the most original, or indeed the -est of anything. But I don’t need to be superlative to still contribute – and I enjoy rambling on and interacting with people, and the only way to do that is to take up space (physical, virtual, etc).
- I want to consume in a more aware and considered manner. Not just material goods like clothes or books, but the food and drink I put into my body. I would like the choices I make to be actual choices, not habits or mindless consumption.
- At the end of the year, I would like to be rid of my dependence on soda, sweets, chocolate and junk food – they fulfill emotional needs in me and I overindulge in all of them but I would prefer not to.
- I want to continue being open to new experiences and learning opportunities, whatever form they may take.
So how was your 2015? Have you got any resolutions? Do you have any real hope of accomplishing them? 😉